Saturday, 14 November 2015

An Introduction.

Introduction?

Funny right? I mean, what exactly is an introduction.

NOUN
1. An introduction to something.

2.A formal presentation of one person to another, in which each is told the other's name.
(Wikipedia 2015)
 
In this case I'm introducing myself, who I am, why I'm writing.
 
I'm not going to lie, I struggled for days writing this; Why should a load of random people off the internet want to know that my name is Rachel, that I'm 16 and my ambitions in life, Stupid right? So then I went to the next thing, what my hobbies are, guitar playing? Product design? Performing? Psychology? But similar to who I am, why would people care about that? It's so dull. "Great another typical girl" you're thinking. So how do I catch your attention?
 
My next thought was that, why am I trying to catch your attention? What am I going to do with your attention? What can I produce from this blog?
 
So I came to this.
 
My name is Rachel, I'm a pretty typical teenager; I love going out with friends, I enjoy music, books and films.
 
My aspirations in life is to inspire someone, to point people in the right direction. To make a positive impact on someone's life. To improve the social views of the world.
 
I am a strong feminist.
I love writing.
I believe in optimism (that doesn't mean I don't have bad days)
I perform with varies groups.
Music is how I express everything.
I want to travel.
I like to be creative.
I enjoy trying new tings.
 
...The list goes on.
 
I came to the conclusion that no matter what I write, I have no way to attract your attention; I don't have fancy qualifications, I don't have lots of money, I'm not crazy talented... but what I do have is the power to write - To track my life, to enjoy the rollercoaster, to see my up days and bad days, to look at my progress and development of a person. And I'd like to formally invite you along. I may not be the most interesting person but I'd love to share my views and opinions on various scenarios and for you to participate and comment.
 
I look forward to this adventure and I hope you share it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment